Funschooling Journal Awesomeness!
We have been using the Funschooling Journals for months now. We dabbled in them a bit a few years ago, but we really dove in this year!
I am in the Facebook Group for Thinking Tree books (if you’re interested in these at all, join this group. It’s an amazingly informational place!) Sarah, the creator of Funschooling Journals runs giveaways in that group, and I entered one.
SHOCKING turn of events: I WON! That literally never happens to me. I know everyone says that, but I’ve never won any contests in my entire life! Winning one that would be helpful to my kids educational needs was even better!
*This post might contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase from clicking a link, I make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.*
I got to create wish list for the books we wanted. A wish list of 15 Funschooling Journals! This is the best kind of giveaway because it was tailored to what we needed!
The books I chose to get were:
- All About Animals – Library Based Funschooling Journal
- Nature Study & Outdoor Science Journal
- American History Timeline – USA Research Handbook
- United States – geography, History, and Social Studies
- Time Travel History – Fashion Dreams 1800-2030
- All About Pets: Minecraft Funschooling Journal
- All About Ocean Creatures – Funschooling Math, Reading, Art, Science, & Spelling Games
- 7 Subject Science Portfolio -Minecraft & The Real World
- Funschooling With Imagination – The Storytelling Book
- Funschooling with Pixel Art – A Math, Craft, and History Activity Book
- All About Endangered Species – Science & Research Study Guide
- The Littlest Kindergarten Workbook
- Grammar Time – Poems, Games & Crafts – 260 Activities
- Funschooling Science Handbook – All About Space
- The Thinking Tree Wild Wilderness Adventure Handbook
THAT’S A LOT OF BOOKS!
I am so excited to use these. I chose some that are a bit advanced so we can work towards them throughout this year, and the beginning of next year. I have an entire Funschooling Curriculum now!
Funschooling is a very different type of curriculum, it takes some getting used to. I have a post all about it that you can read by clicking here:
Let me just tell you that when we started these books I was super nervous that they weren’t learning enough. I slowly started to realize that it’s not that they weren’t learning, they were just learning differently. It was my public school mindset that was hindering my ability to allow them to learn in such a fun, relaxed, creative, child-led way! After noticing that it was me putting stress on our learning journey, and making changes to help better that situation, our homeschooling journey did a 180 and we are doing great now! I have more time, they have more time, we aren’t fighting all day long. Don’t get me wrong, my oldest just doesn’t like anything that resembles schoolwork. If you ask her, she is just fine playing Minecraft all day. Haha. We are for sure a normal family!
Have you looked into Funschooling yet?!
Want to keep up & learn more about this amazing curriculum?! Sign up below for my newsletter!
| Danielle |
Sign Up For My Email Newsletter!